These are the books I’ve read (actually listened to..) recently..
1. Start With Why (Simon Sinek) – Great for anyone starting or running a business, or making life plans. Simon is popular on TED style videos online. Not a big fan of millenials..
2. Subtle Art of Not Giving a F@ck – (Mark Manson) – Awesome! Everyone should read this book
3. Living Forward (Michael Hyatt) – Solid book for helping structure efforts to make longer term plans that are practical. Good for business owners and anyone who wants to set goals and go for them!
4. How to Win Friends & Influence People (Dale Carnegie) – An absolute classic. The world would be a better place if everyone read and applied these principles!
5. The Chimp Paradox (Dr Stephen Peters) – Eye opening, brilliantly written (and narrated). Fascinating and insightful. A must read for anyone who has an interest in being better at controlling their own thoughts and actions and understanding why others behave ad they do. Great book!
6. Money (Rob Moore) – motivational without the B.S. of other books. Practical and real life examples and advice. Gives a different perspective to the thought of wanting to make money. Wish I had read it in my teens!
7. Thinking, Fast & Slow (Daniel Kahneman) – heavy going prose. Absolutely fascinating. Slow going at times. I have a few chapters to go… Great for anyone who liked Chimp Paradox and wants to get deeper into psychology!
8. The power of Habit (Charles Duhigg) – practical and useful. Really interesting book about how to form, change and adapt habits. Grounded in science with real practical applications.
9. Shoe Dog (Paul Knight) – who wouldn’t be interested to know how Nike was started and grown into what it is today. Amazing story, which has given me a new perspective of the brand!
10. How to be Fu#king Awesome (Dan Meredith) – similar in style to ‘the subtle art of not giving a f$ck’, but a very good book well worth a read. Tells/reminds you of what to focus on in your life.
Most of the time I don’t have the opportunity to sit down and read a book. So I enjoy listening to audio books. I use Amazon’s Audible service which is great. It just works! Plus although it’s a subscription model (cost per month), once you download a book, you get to keep it even if/when you cancel your subscription.